Leadership Programme FAQ
What is the difference between the Co-Active Leadership Experience and the Co-Active Leadership programme?
The Co-Active Leadership Experience is a 3-day immersion in CTI’s Co-Active Leadership model. The focus is on creating a deep, experiential understanding of each of the five dimensions. You will practice leading from each dimension and come away with a plan for how to grow your own leadership in your life and work. It is a fast-paced and fun way to deepen your understanding of what it means to be a leader and to create a practical plan for applying what you’ve learned. If you are considering the 10-month intensive programme, the Co-Active Leadership Experience will give you a great introduction to the Co-Active Leadership Model and to CTI’s unique approach to learning.
The Co-Active Leadership programme is a 10-month immersion in developing and strengthening every aspect of you as a leader. During the programme, you will be introduced to the Co-Active Leadership Map and the Co-Active Leadership Model, and you will learn how to use them powerfully to harness the unique leader in everyone. You will deepen your understanding of who you are as a leader and identify your most vibrant, authentic leadership style. The programme is experiential and with the same group for the 10 months, so you have a safe place to experiment with new skills in a supportive setting before applying them. In-between the intensive weeks together, you will have ample time to apply your learning in your own life and work. This programme is transformational. If you want to learn more or register for the 10-month programme visit this section of our website.
If I’ve attended the 10-month programme, should I consider the Co-Active Leadership Experience?
Yes! The Co-Active Leadership Experience is a great supplement to your continued leadership development journey. It’s also a way to refresh and update your knowledge. And it’s an excellent way to check in with what’s evolving for you now and give you a new goal, insight or focus for what’s next for you. If you are a coach, you will find your learning from the Co-Active Leadership Experience is immediately applicable to your practice with your clients.
Will I earn Continuing Coach Education (CCE) units for this course?
You will receive 17.6 Core Competency hours and 2.5 Resource Development hours for this programme.
Who can help me understand whether this course is right for me?
We believe this course is useful for anyone living on planet Earth! That said, we KNOW you will find the course valuable if you:
- Are interested in learning about yourself as a leader. (This course will provide that understanding and an entry point into further developing your leadership capacity.)
- Have taken our coaching courses and are not planning to go on to certification, but would like to continue your personal growth.
- Are a CPCC and looking for a way to expand your range, reconnect with your purpose, and boost your capacity for growing yourself and your business.
- Are an Alumni or our Leadership programme who’d like to get re-invigorated and reconnected to your Leadership.
- Are an HR Director or hold a corporate leadership position and are looking to explore a leadership agility model that you can use for yourself and your team.
- Are an HR Director or hold a corporate leadership position and are looking to explore a model that you can use to introduce a culture shift in your organisation.
- Are interested in our 10-month Leadership programme and who would like a little more experience with the model before committing.
- Are interested in our 10-month Leadership programme and are unable to make the time or cost commitment at this time.
Are there any prerequisites to taking the Co-Active Leadership Experience course?
No. We do recommend you read our book: Co-Active Leadership: 5 Ways to Lead before attending the course.
What will I get out of taking this course?
The programme is not theoretical, but instead engages the learner in practicing leadership agility within a context of the Co-Active Leadership model. You will learn the model by participating in activities that allow you to practice it in real time.
We call this kind of instruction contextually based, experientially driven learning. All CTI programmes are structured as contextually based, experientially driven and transformative learning. (On average, experiential learning has about 80% retention vs. a traditional classroom setting, which provides about 25%). This means that you get 65% more value for every pound spent.
- You will learn about yourself as a leader and leave with a greater sense of where you “check out”.
- You will better understand the impact of your actions and behaviors and have begun developing new skills to quickly shift to creative leadership in any situation.
- You will identify areas of strength and areas for growth.
- You will leave with a plan to expand and grow your capacity as a leader.
- You will learn how to apply the model with direct reports, clients, teams, and in your own life.
- We provide tools that you can start using right away – and a plan for how to apply your learning immediately.
What will I leave with?
A complete programme guide, plus a journey map of where you want to grow in your leadership, along with a plan for next steps. You will also have a personal assessment of your strengths and weaknesses and guidance for expanding the areas that will best serve you.
What information do you have about travel and accommodations for people who are coming from out of town?
The cost of the course does not include transportation, lodging or meals. If you are traveling in from out of town, we will be happy to recommend nearby hotels that you can use during your programme.
Still have questions?
Register your interest and a training advisor will be in contact with you very soon.
Register your interest